Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Messy Studio.

I spent the afternoon preparing and packing up an order headed for PEI, then a couple of hours making teabowls. The teabowl is such a simple form but I really feel like these are evolving so much every time I make them. They are one of my favorite things to throw at the moment.

I also attempted to photograph some of my pieces with a (very) simple makeshift set-up. I'm not happy with them - it was too difficult to get the right lighting in my studio which had bright sunlight coming in from both sides. Everything looked bleached. I'm sure it would help if I knew more about my camera but unfortunately that is something I don't have time for and am not interested enough to make the time. I'm thinking about hiring someone who knows what they're doing.

1 comment:

vmsb said...

I think your picture of your bowls is very pretty - I like to colors of your glazes and the shapes of your bowls. Again, I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your site - I look forward to following your blog.