Friday, February 27, 2009

A few photos.

I've decided to post some photos of my new line of work. I am not entirely happy with them but this is where I need to keep reminding myself that so much about making art is about the journey, not the destination - that what I want to do here is journal the process in order to see the progression.

I used to think I was quite good at photographing my work but it has been awhile (a few years) and when I tried this time, I was really stumped as to how to fix some of the problems that arose, mostly involving lighting. I also don't think that the colour is true to real life (I think they are much more vibrant), and I am not happy with how the stained, bare clay on the outside seems to fade into the grey background. I need to find a way to make these pots really pop out from the photo...luckily, my husband is really into cameras and photography and has lots of experience in lighting so next time, I think I'll bring him along :)


I rather like the composition of this last one but with the bowls stacked this way you can't see the contrast of the glossy, brightly coloured insides. I think I'll make a narrow rim of colour on the outsides from now on. I tried it on some teacups and I think it worked quite well. You can see what I mean here:



No comments: