Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My birthday!

In my beat up, old baby album there is a yellowed and fading newspaper clipping that my mother cut out of the horoscope section predicting my future (and all others born on this day). It's in French, but here's what it says:

'Si vous etes ne aujourd'hui: Vous avez le don de l'expression ecrite et etes souvent attire par les arts. Vous trouverez a la fois success et bonheur comme acteur, peintre, dessinateur, danseur, ou decorateur. Votre faculte de creer n'est pas limitee seulement aux arts, mais s'etend a d'autres secteurs. Dans les affaires, vous vendrez et reussirez dans les relations publiques, la publicite, la Bourse et la banque. Vous etes aussi inventif et decouvrirez ce qui peut etre benefique a l'ensemble de la communaute. L'enseignement et le service social vous conviendront aussi.'

For those of you who may not understand, this says that I have a gift for written expression, and will be attracted to the arts. A career as an actor, painter, illustrator, dancer, or decorator would suit me. It goes on to say that my creativity is not limited to the arts but that I could find success in public relations, the media, teaching, and social services. It also says that I am inventive and may discover something that will be beneficial to the community at large...

What a thought!

No comments: