Monday, March 16, 2009

Never enough time!

My days now start at about 6:30 am and end just before midnight - and I actually get to sleep through on select lucky nights . I've completed my first order but made a little boo-boo (can you tell I spend all my time with children under the age of 3?) with my firing schedule when I thought the whole order would fit into one kiln load. It was soooo close, but no matter how I stacked it, and unpacked and repacked it, there were just a few little pieces that I couldn't get in. So, now the order is going to be a few days later than I expected because I need to get in a second firing. I'm pretty embarrassed about the whole thing...maybe I should have anticipated the problem? And, of course, there is the issue of doing it all at the last minute but everything around here only gets done at the last minute because that's the only minute I have! Oh well, I guess it's all a part of the learning process...

I hope the woman on the other end is understanding (and just a little bit forgiving!). She seemed really nice when I met her and talked to her on the phone the other day.

No comments: