Saturday, March 28, 2009

A break from the studio.

A little friend of mine had her first birthday today and, not being one to buy much of anything, I made her a birthday present. Her mother mentioned once that she liked birds and I had this pattern that I found online awhile back that I've been wanting to try so, on a little break from the pottery wheel, I sat in behind my sewing machine and made this. It was a bit of a pain to put together, and a little rough as a first attempt, but the I think the outcome was worth it. I hope she liked it. I might make another one for my little's ones first birthday coming up at the end of next month.

I've been trying to post a link to the original pattern but am not able to get it to work for some reason (note to self to figure this out). If anyone is interested, just type in 'spool sewing bird pattern' in your search field and you should find it quite easily.

3 comments:

Shanie Stozek said...

What a gorgeous mobile!! I love it! I may just steal this idea! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Shanie. It's cute, isn't it? I wish I could take credit for the idea but like I mentioned, I actually found the pattern online. If you are looking for it and can't find it for some reason just let me know and I'll send it to you :)

siobhan said...

I'm very impressed that you finished the whole mobile. I tried the same thing a few months ago and got as far as making one bird! It's still on my list though.