Monday, April 6, 2009

Creative Dream list #6-10

I've been thinking of adding to this list for awhile. Of course, it's all been in my head for ages but like I said before, sending it out into the universe is the way to make things happen. And again, these are in no order of importance! Creativity is a spontaneous act!

6. To get my Etsy shop up and running - I really think this would be beneficial to me since I've been so lucky to have my work be so well received. And, selling things for their retail price (meaning I get paid what my time is worth) sure beats all this wholesale work I've been doing. Which leads me to...
7. Sort out a means of photographing my work from home. This means setting up some sort of space designated for photography where the lighting is good and I can get professional results. This would enable me to update my portfolio, start selling online, and...
8. Get juried into the New Brunswick Craft Council. This is coming up soon so I really need to be looking into this now.
9. To refinish the old dressers I've got for my room and to repaint the walls. It's such a mess because I never have the time to spend on it and it sometimes it gets really overwhelming. I want to create a retreat for rest and relaxation!
10. To get the rest of my orders completed and sent out on time and to get some really interesting work done for my solo show coming up in July. I am already starting to feel stressed for time so I really hope for this to fall into place over the next couple of months.

I think the first thing on my next list will involve some free time and a vacation!

1 comment:

ngawai.herewini@gmail.com said...

Kia ora
I absolutely love reading your writings, you should turn your hand to writing as you have a wonderful way of putting things into print.
I am so proud to know you and send you all my very best wishes in you pottery business. How cool to read about your works being featured in Galleries. I had forgotten to look at Creative Pulse but will make a point now of looking.
I hope you are taking care of yourself as the pottery and the girls together as well as the home and all that it involves is a lot on ones time and energy.
Gather your support people around to give you strength and let the creative pulse flow.
Kia ora. Arohanui