Monday, April 13, 2009

Edgewater Gifts & Gallery

My biggest order is up and out! And do I ever feel a huge surge of relief...that one was really stressing me for awhile. The experience was worthwhile though. I now have a better idea of what I am capable of when considering my other two little commitments that keep me busy so much during the day and into the night; I have a better idea of how much I can realistically produce with the limitations of the size of my kiln; and, I have gained a much better perspective on how to load my kiln with various pieces (which things to try and fire together, etc, to maximize the space). Whew. A little breathing room is great.

So after all that work, everything is gone to Edgewater Gifts & Gallery in Miramichi, New Brunswick. I had hoped to deliver the work myself in order to check out the gallery while I was there. It's a funny thing to have work in stores that I have never seen myself - and I'm curious!
This gallery won an award at the Atlantic Craft Trade Show for 'Most Outstanding Retailer' so I was extra excited when I got an order from them. And, I know a couple of other great artists who have work there so I am super proud to be one of them now. Yay!

No comments: