Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Artist Trading Card Swap

 Artist Trading Cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art about the same size as modern baseball (hockey?) cards, or 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches. Cards are produced in various media and are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold.


ATCbutton


I had recently signed on to take part in this ATC swap.  I had to make 35 cards, which have since been lovingly packaged and posted away, and now I get to eagerly anticipate receiving a wonderful package filled with miniature works of art by just as many different artists.  I am particularly excited about a certain few.

These are how mine turned out.  They were made by initially painting a full sheet of watercolour paper then ripped carefully by hand to size.  That got really boring.  Then I chose an image that I wanted to work with and carved out a lino stamp and stamped each card with a metallic, pewter coloured ink, then I added the last details with a gold marker, and then of course, each one got my initial stamp on the back.  I was pretty happy with them overall.

Also included was an invite to come and check out this space and maybe also win one of my teapots so if you're here because of that, it's nice to meet you!


No comments: