Monday, October 24, 2011

The beauty of Fall

I was having a hard time getting to work today - everything just seemed to be getting in the way. I think I am struggling because I am getting a little overwhelmed... overwhelmed with things that need to get done that are all mixed up in my head with the new ideas that keep coming in and all the projects that I have started but haven't yet finished...*sigh*. I'm pretty sure the computer is the culprit - I've been spending much more time online than I usually do and not only does it take away from my studio time, I find it almost too stimulating as I can pick up inspiration from practically anywhere and before long, my 'want-to-do' list becomes unmanageable and distracting. It's becoming obvious that I need to focus some time on quieting my mind and I'm feeling a strong urge to get back into meditation as a routine practice. For today though, I decided to just get myself outside. The sun was shining and I took the opportunity to try and catch some of the amazing colours all around. Today I feel lucky to live here.





2 comments:

Suzanne Doull said...

Very beautiful.

vanz said...

very beautiful ive never seen fall like that.... maybe im jus not takin enough interset, but very beautiful... all ur work... Kia kaha tonu koe...